- “About 75% Of Screens Receive Movies Via Satellite, Digital Cinema Group Says.”
David Lieberman. Deadline Hollywood. March 23, 2017.
- “75% of U.S. theaters get their movies delivered by satellite.”
Annlee Ellingson. L.A. Biz. March 23, 2017.
- “DCDC surpasses 30,000 U.S. theatre screens.”
Film Journal International. March 23, 2017
- “DCDC CEO Randy Blotky on the Past, Present, and Future of Digital Delivery.”
Daniel Loria. BoxOffice Pro. August 2, 2016.
- “DCDC CEO: Satellite Delivery of Movies on the Rise.”
Caleb Henry. Via Satellite. June 1, 2016.
“That’s what is actually the most unique thing about DCDC: its ownership and upbringing. It’s never happened before in the history of the entertainment industry,” he said.
- “CinemaCon 2016: More theaters are getting their movies delivered by satellite than not.”
Annlee Ellingson. L.A. Biz. April 12, 2016.
- “Most Movie Theaters Now Receive Content Via Satellite, D-Cinema Group Says.”
David Lieberman. Deadline Hollywood. April 11, 2016.
- “DCDC Satellite Film Distribution Grows.”
Garrett Reim. Los Angeles Business Journal. April 11, 2016.
- “Enjoying the Promise: Exhibitors praise their DCDC connection.”
Andrea Fuchs, Film Journal International. February 16, 2016.
- “Delivering on the Promise: DCDC connects content and cinemas large and small.”
Andrea Fuchs, Film Journal International. January 21, 2016.
“We have been really fortunate in our development. And how fast we have grown!” acknowledges Randolph “Randy” Blotky, CEO of Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition
- “Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition Predicts 32,000 Screens by 2018.”
Seth Kelley, Variety. August 7, 2015.
- “DCDC to Expand Digital Theater Network by 4,000 Screens, 700 locations by 2018.”
Beatrice Verhoeven and Matt Donnelly, The Wrap. August 6, 2015.
- “CinemaCon 2015: DCDC adds live streaming to satellite network.”
Annlee Ellingson. L.A. Biz. April 20, 2015.
“Never in the history of the film industry have content provider/distributors and exhibitors come together like they have with DCDC, which serves as a uniting force marrying a pioneering economic model and advanced technology to benefit all within the cinematic community,” said DCDC CEO Randy Blotky in a statement.
- “CinemaCon: DCDC Introduces Live Streaming to Theaters.”
Also planned are ESL (Electronic Sports League) events during the summer, DCDC CEO Randy Blotky told The Hollywood Reporter.
- “Live-Streaming in Movie Theaters Moving Forward via DCDC.”
Dave McNary. Variety. April 20, 2015.
- “DCDC Unveils Live-Event Streaming Technology For Theaters – CinemaCon.”
David Bloom. Deadline Hollywood. April 20, 2015.
- “Theater Coalition Launches Live Event Streaming.”
Garrett Reim. Los Angeles Business Journal. April 20, 2015.
Jeremy Kay. Screen Daily. April 20, 2015.
- “DCDC to debut live-streaming technology at CinemaCon.”
Film Journal International. April 20, 2015.
- “Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition Adds Carmike Cinemas and Marcus Theatres.”
Kevin Noonan. Variety. December 10, 2014.
“The addition of Carmike Cinemas, Marcus Theaters and Wehrenberg Theaters, which join Southern Theaters, National Amusements and our founders, caps a phenomenal year of growth for us,” said DCDC CEO Randy Blotky.
- “DCDC Expands its Network With Carmike, Marcus, Wehrenberg Deals.”
Carolyn Giardina. The Hollywood Reporter. December 10, 2014.
- “Carmike And Marcus Join Coalition For Satellite Movie Distribution.”
David Lieberman. Deadline Hollywood. December 10, 2014.
- “DCDC Expands Theater Network.”
Melissah Yang. Los Angeles Business Journal. December 10, 2014.
- “Satellites to Play Big Role for Studios.”
Omar Shamout. Los Angeles Business Journal. September 29, 2014.
- “DCDC buys satellite network from Deluxe/EchoStar.”
Richard Verrier. Los Angeles Times. March 26, 2014.
- “Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition To Acquire Deluxe/Echostar Satellite Network.”
David S. Cohen. Variety. March 26, 2014.
- “CinemaCon: Stakeholders Say DCDC Network Could Prompt Growth in Alternative Content.”
Carolyn Giardina. The Hollywood Reporter. March 26, 2014.
- “CinemaCon: Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition Agrees To Buy Satellite Competitor Deluxe/EchoStar.”
David Lieberman. Deadline Hollywood. March 26, 2014.
- “CinemaCon 2014: Cinemas see satellite tech as ticket to bigger revenue.”
Richard Verrier. Los Angeles Times. March 24, 2014
- “CinemaCon: Exhibitors Search for Alt. Content to Fill Weeknight Seats.”
Glen Dickson. Variety. March 24, 2014.
“In terms of alternative content, you’re only limited by your own imagination,” Blotky says.
- “CinemaCon: Premium Large-Format Business Offers Growth Potential, Challenges Imax.”
Carolyn Giardina. The Hollywood Reporter. March 24, 2014.
- “Studios and exhibitors unveil digital cinema network.”
Richard Verrier. Los Angeles Times. October 23, 2013.
- “Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition Flips the Switch on Theatrical Satellite Service.”
Andrew Stewart. Variety. October 23, 2013.
- “Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition Launches Satellite Movie Deliveries And Names A CEO.”
David Lieberman. Deadline Hollywood. October 23, 2013.
- “Randolph Blotky Named CEO of the Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition.”
Gregg Kilday. The Hollywood Reporter. October 23, 2013.
“This is a truly historic moment,” Blotky said. “DCDC represents the culmination of years of incredibly complex work, as well as the extraordinary contributions of so many visionary executives throughout the film and technology industries. They’ve succeeded in creating a groundbreaking venture that, simply put, turns the digital content distribution economic model on its head.”
- “Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition’s Platform Goes Online.“
Bryant Frazer. Studio Daily. October 23, 2013.
- “Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition Names Randolph Blotky Chief Executive.”
Todd Cunningham. The Wrap. October 23, 2013.
- “Movie studios sign on for satellite-based digital delivery to theaters.”
Richard Lawler. Engadget. March 8, 2013.
- “Movies via satellite: Theaters look to the skies for the next generation of content delivery.”
Ian White. Digital Trends. March 8, 2013.
“DCDC is creating a technological superhighway,” said Tim Warner, CEO and President, Cinemark Theatres. “It’s one-port access to thousands of screens, for both movies and alternative content, from all content providers.”
- “Movie Theaters Ramp Up For The Next Big Thing: Satellite Delivery Of Digital Films.”
David J. Hill. Singularity Hub. April 27, 2012.
- “The Reel End: Theaters to Get Movies by Satellite.”
Michelle Kung and Erica Orden. The Wall Street Journal. April 25, 2012.