I am very proud to welcome the newest members of our team, Diane Masuda and Darla Guenther, to the Digital Cinema Distribution Coalition. Diane and Darla bring tremendous operational, broadcast transmission, production and customer relations management experience in the digital sphere to their new roles as Operations Executives. They are both seasoned, first-rate executives and will play a critical role in the rapid expansion of the DCDC.
These five partners must be given a lot of credit for coming together as they have to create the DCDC Network. The Hollywood studios and the exhibition community have not always seen eye-to-eye on the key issues facing the entertainment industry. However, in this case the two studios and three exhibitor partners were able to successfully engage with one another in the incredibly complex work of envisioning what the network should look like; designing the network to accommodate both technological and business constraints; and creating an economic model that would be both realistic to achieve and compelling to potential content provider and exhibitor customers.
Now Showing at Your Theater: DCDC and the World of Content Delivery
DCDC CEO Randy Blotky speaks on a panel introducing the new technology to CinemaCon attendees.
Moderator: Brian McKay, Executive Vice President of Production Operations, Warner Bros. Technical Operations, Inc.
Other Panel Members:
- Noah Bergman, Vice President, Business Development & Strategic Planning, Universal Pictures
- Ron Krueger II, President & COO, Southern Theatres
- Fred Medina, Executive Vice President, BBC Worldwide Latin American and U.S. Hispanic
- Kelly O’Connor, Senior Vice President, Exhibitor and Marketing Services, Warner Bros. Pictures
- Tim Warner, CEO, Cinemark Theatres